Dr. Robert E. Sausen Distinguished Service Award
The WVU School of Dentistry Alumni Association Board of Governors established (April 2010) the following policy (revised March 5, 2011) concerning the award:
- This award is to be presented to one senior dental and one senior dental hygiene student who, during his or her four years, has demonstrated the high ideals of service, such as loyalty, dedication, and integrity to the School of Dentistry Alumni Association, the School of Dentistry, the community, and the dental profession as exemplified by Dr. Robert E. Sausen.
- Recipients of this award will be selected by the members of the Distinguished Service Sub-Committee of the Awards Committee which will be comprised of two of the DDS team leaders and two faculty members from the Department of Dental Hygiene. The sub-committee will be chaired by the Assistant Dean for Student and Alumni Affairs.
- The names of the two recipients selected will be reported to the Secretary Treasurer.
- The award will consist of an inscribed plaque.
- The award will be presented at the Senior Banquet or other designated function.
History of Recipients
D.D.S. - Lance Pittman
Dental Hygiene - Noel Dickens
D.D.S. - Teresa Capristo
Dental Hygiene - Chelsey Pritts
D.D.S. - Jennifer Gawthrop
Dental Hygiene - Shana Schell
D.D.S. - Holly Haldeman
Dental Hygiene - Carly Scala
D.D.S. - Tho-Xuan Nguyen
Dental Hygiene - Keiko Miller
D.D.S. - Andrea Hoke
Dental Hygiene - Marcie Kanosky
D.D.S. - Kerri Thomas
Dental Hygiene - Clair Mosesso
D.D.S. - Robert Waldrop
Dental Hygiene - Julia S. Miller