The WVU School of Dentistry Alumni Association is active in supporting the school in multiple ways from holding biannual continuing education courses, providing gifts to each dental and dental hygiene class and hosting alumni reunions.
Continuing Education Courses
- Twice per year
- Fall and Spring
The School of Dentistry Alumni Association hosts a luncheon with alumni achievement award distribution and a dinner and dance each spring. The association provides a luncheon for the 55th, 50th and 25th reunion classes. That luncheon includes the distinguished alumnus and alumni achievement award recipients.
- Annual gift for all dental and dental hygiene classes. Gift examples include
- Dental hygiene seniors - job interview portfolios
- Dental hygiene juniors - clinic instrumentation
- Dental hygiene sophomores - lab and clinic instrument tackle box
- Dental seniors (D4) - board exam supply
- Dental juniors (D3) - clinic instrumentation
- Dental sophomores (D2) - scaler
- Dental freshmen (D1)- lab and clinic instrument tackle box
- Support for scholarship recognition ceremony
- Support for D1 orientation activities
- Faculty fund donation