- Fulfill University requirements for graduate study.
- Complete 34 months (three academic years) of consecutive full-time advanced study and clinical training at the School of Dentistry.
- Complete an approved master’s thesis based on original research completed during the course of study in an area related to Periodontics.
- Must pass the Mock AAP oral examination.
- Must pass the In-Service AAP written examination with a score > 60 percentile.
- Must successfully complete all didactic and clinical work in the required curriculum.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory clinical competency in periodontics.
- Complete a minimum of 93 credit hours, including 70 hours of periodontic courses and a minimum of 8 hours of selected basic science subjects, 5 hours of teaching practicum, and a research/thesis (10 hours).
- Achieve a 3.0 GPA or an overall competence in the student’s field. A minimum grade of B must be earned in all work attempted in the master’s program. A grade of C or below in two courses will require a faculty review of the student’s progress. A third C or below will result in suspension from the program.