The certification program in the specialty of Pediatric Dentistry is designed to provide the education and training necessary for graduate dentists to be competent in
- providing both primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants and children through adolescence, including individuals with special health care needs.
- communicating and collaborating with other members of the healthcare team and social disciplines for providing oral healthcare as a part of the overall well-being of patients.
- employing effective management skills coupled with a high level of ethics and professional responsibility.
- achieving Diplomate status by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
- evaluating evidence-based research and conducting scholarly activities.
- participating in local and professional communities to advocate for the oral health of children and individuals with special health care needs