Master of Science in OrthodonticsApplication Deadline: September 15, 2021
- Must have passed the National Dental Board Examination - Part I at the time of application and Part 2 upon entrance to the program.
- Must have earned a D.M.D./D.D.S. degree, or its equivalent.
- Must report GRE scores.
- Must be proficient in the English language and provide a TOEFL score (if from a non-English speaking country).
- Must display evidence of scholastic and clinical achievement that would indicate the applicant’s ability to progress in a program of this nature. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required.
- Must apply to the program through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS)and have all application materials submitted by September 15.
- Must apply to National Matching Services and obtain a MATCH number to be considered of admission to the program. Applicants participating in application to both Match and non-Match programs will not be considered for admission.
- Must complete and submit WVU Graduate Application, if invited for an interview.
- Must participate in an interview.
- Must consent and pass a criminal background investigation prior to final acceptance.
- Must submit documentation of required immunizations. A complete list is available on the School of Dentistry website.
- Must become familiar with the West Virginia University School of Dentistry's Policy and Procedure for Bloodborne Pathogens and Infectious Diseases.
- Must meet federal and university standards regarding the Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Must be eligible for and obtain a West Virginia dental license or dental resident/intern permit prior to the first day of program orientation.
2 Apply to the Postdoctoral Application Support Service Program (PASS)
The Orthodontics Residency Program at the West Virginia University School of Dentistry participates in the Postdoctoral Application Support Service Program (PASS). Visit the PASS search engine to view detailed application requirements and to apply.
Applicants must also obtain a match number from National Matching Services to be considered for admission.
Once your application and supporting materials are processed in PASS and received by the School, they will be reviewed by the Endodontics Graduate Program Selection Committee. If you have any questions regarding the program or application process, please contact the Office of Dental Admissions, Recruitment & Access at (304) 293-1680 or email@example.com
All applicants receiving an interview are required to submit a West Virginia University Graduate Program Application along with the $60 application fee. Information regarding the steps for submission will be sent in the interview invitation email.
While an invitation for an interview should not be construed as evidence of acceptance, it is a requirement that assists the committee in its selection process.
Applicants approved for admission to the program will be notified through MATCH and an official acceptance letter from the School of Dentistry.
All residents must consent to a criminal background check by the most recent technology available prior to final acceptance. The resident may not begin their training program beyond the orientation phase until the criminal background check has been submitted.
Must become familiar with the policy below.
Must submit documentation of required immunizations including of vaccination for rubella, rubeola, mumps, hepatitis B, tetanus, meningococcal, meningitis, varicella and polio. As well as provide evidence of a negative PPD test performed within 12 months. A positive PPD test result must be accompanied by an appropriate chest x-ray report and follow-up treatment plan.
Must meet certain Federal and University standards regarding the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR).
Must be eligible for a West Virginia dental license or an intern/resident permit.
Need Help Applying?
If you have specific questions regarding our application procedures and requirements, please call the Office of Dental Admissions at (304) 293-1680 or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.