Information Technology and its associated systems has become an integral part of the daily activities within the School of Dentistry (SOD). From providing state-of-the-art care to our patients to establishing new student curriculum teaching practices, the responsibility to provide timely, organized, and educated technology solutions has never been greater. The SOD I.T. Department take this responsibility very seriously and are committed to offering the highest level of professional services available.
The mission of the Information Technology Systems Department, within the West Virginia University School of Dentistry, was formally established in June of 2004. The goal of our department is “to provide the highest level of quality service to our patients, faculty, staff, students, and alumni by supplying (in both a courteous and professional manner) quick, responsive, and efficient solutions to all of their technical needs.” We are dedicated to supporting the effective integration of technology into all aspects of academic and patient care programs at the WVU School of Dentistry. To that end, we provide our faculty, staff, and students:
- A large variety of technology solutions for teaching in both the classroom and patient care environments.
- Continual technical training and support on the resources available.
- Comprehensive and reliable desktop computing, software support, application development, and data recovery services.
We take our commitment to service (and to the individuals we serve) very seriously and always strive to excel in the area of customer relations. We are always open to feedback, constructive criticism, and suggestions. We pledge to have an open, constructive, and ongoing dialogue with all SOD, HSC, & WVU Administrators, faculty, staff, students, patients, and alumni.
- We strive to provide excellent, timely, and professional service to our patients, faculty, staff, students, residents, and alumni.
- We value and commit ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism, communication, honesty, respect, and integrity.
- We are committed to both personal and professional development and we work to continually learn new technologies, techniques, and strategies as well as how they can be successfully applied and implemented into the School of Dentistry’s infrastructure.
- We encourage collaboration and greatly value the opinions, suggestions, and ideas of all individuals and work to give fair and unbiased considerations to their perspectives.
- We strive to distribute informative and accurate information in a professional and timely manner.
- We strive to foster an environment where individual and collaborative creativity and diversity are encouraged and rewarded.