Applicant Data Monitored by Interview Team (ADMIT)
At least 90 semester credit hours must be completed at a U.S. or Canadian college or university prior to submission of Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) online application.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Science Grade Point Average (SGPA)
- Performance in required courses
- Performance in upper division science courses
- Performance improvement/consistency
- Course load
Dental Admission Test (DAT):
- Administered on computer at Prometric Testing Centers
- Submit official scores by November 1st of the year prior to anticipated enrollment
- Scores are valid for five (5) years.
- Pre-Professional Committee (if available)
- One from each of the required sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
(Non-science majors: Two recommendations from instructors in your major and one from biology, chemistry or physics instructor.)
- Personal interview with at least two or more Admissions Committee members
- Observation or employment in dental setting
- Participation in pre-dental organizations
- Community Service
- Manual dexterity
- Life experiences
- Other (such as military or leadership experience)
Priority is given to qualified West Virginia residents. Early application is strongly recommended. AADSAS application is available online beginning in June at www.adea.org. Application deadline is November 1st. Interviews begin in the fall semester. Successful applicants are notified of acceptance beginning December 1st. Criminal background screening and clearance is required prior to enrollment. For additional information contact the Office of Dental Admissions by email (email@example.com) or phone (304-293-6646).