WVU Dental Health and Pregnancy Study
What We Do
The WVU Dental Health and Pregnancy Study is looking to see what are the causes of oral disease are in children living in Appalachia. To accomplish this, we plan to follow more than 500 women and their babies for a period of six years and perform non-invasive oral evaluations to collect data in order to determine if their is a genetic link to oral health. In these appointments you can learn about the dental health of you and your child.
Who can join?
- Less than 29 weeks along in their pregnancy
- A resident of West Virginia
- Be healthy enough to have a dental exam
- Willing to participate in follow-up visits for six years after your baby is born
What will I be doing in the study?
Our staff will bring you in for in-person visits where you will receive dental screenings for you and your child through age 6.
You will be asked to complete multiple phone interviews over the course of the study which will allow us to get to know you better.
How do I benefit?
- You will have the opportunity to learn more about you and your baby's oral health
- $75 for each in-person visit
- $15 for each completed phone interview
- You can earn over $500 for completing the entire study
Where will I be seen?
Our team will travel to a partner facility near you! FACILITIES